As a Fort Collins nutritionist, I take these delicious gluten free cookies to a lot of events, potlucks, and parties. The most common question. . . “wow, are these seriously healthy cookies”? Yes, they are a healthy whole food recipe using almond flour (just almonds ground up) instead of traditional flours containing wheat or gluten. Give them a try!
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: about 30 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
2 1/2 cups almond flour (I like 1/2 blanched, 1/2 almond meal)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp agave
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients (first 3) in a large bowl.
- Add the oil, agave, and vanilla and stir well then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 7 minutes or until cookies are light brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate any leftover cookies so they keep longer.
Note: I use Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips as they are allergy free and delicious. Almond flour can be hard to come by at a regular grocery store; if you can’t find it, go to Nuts.com. Or, you can take whole or blanched almonds and grind them into flour in a coffee grinder or food processor.