There are many different methods to hard boil eggs. However, my favorite method involves. . . no boiling. If you want perfect hard boiled eggs that are easy to peel, just follow the directions below.
Also, if you have eggs that have been sitting in your fridge for a week or two, those are the best to use to make hard boiled eggs that are easy to peel. Have at it. There are so many treats, creations, and things you can do with hard boiled eggs– everything from deviled eggs, sliced hard boiled eggs on salads, egg salad, and so much more.
Total time: 45 minutes
6 to 12 good quality eggs
1. Put eggs in a single layer on the bottom of a saucepan. Cover with water by 1 inch.
2. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 12 to 15 minutes. (About 12 minutes works great at sea level and closer to 15 minutes is better at about 5000 feet.)
3. Gently set eggs into an ice water bath. Set aside until cool.
4. Peel eggs under a gentle stream of cold running water.
5. Store in a sealed container until ready to eat. Peeled eggs will last in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Note: You can also store unpeeled hard boiled eggs in the fridge until ready to eat. Just store them in a sealed clean container.