Kale is the most nutrient dense edible plant that grows on land. That means that it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals like calcium. Organic leafy greens are also extremely detoxifying and incorporating kale into your healthy diet is good holistic nutrition choice. We need to eat more fresh vegetables every day and this recipe for quick and easy kale will help you do just that. Enjoy it!
Yield: about 6 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1 bunch organic kale
2 tbsp coconut oil (or other oil)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Sea salt or Herbamare
- In a medium pot, boil about 1” water. Chop the onion and mince garlic.
- Wash the kale and strip the leaves from the stems. Compost the stems and cut the leaves into 1/2 inch strips using chiffonade cutting.
- When the water is boiling, add the kale for about 4 minutes or until the leaves are bright green.
- In the meantime, sauté the onion in oil until soft, then add garlic and continue sautéing.
- Add the cooked kale to the onion and garlic sauté and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with sea salt and serve hot. Enjoy!