This quick and easy real food recipe makes a fantastic brunch or dinner when paired with the Egg Frittata with Kale (http://www.erinharner.com/whole-food-recipes/egg-frittata-with-kale/). The caramelized onions add a touch of sweetness and baked sweet potatoes are full of sweet and savory flavor. Give this gluten free recipe a try!
Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Caramelized Onions
Total time: 35 minutes
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 medium onion
Pinch black pepper
Pinch sea salt
1. Grate sweet potatoes, dice onion.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Add grated sweet potatoes, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and sea salt to skillet and combine well with caramelized onions.
5. Put skillet in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
6. Serve hot! Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Note: If your skillet has a plastic handle, do not put it in the oven! Transfer the onions and sweet potatoes to a glass baking dish.