These healthy cookies are a delicious raw, gluten free, and dairy free treat. They are like a mini granola bar and make a great energy-boosting snack on the trail. A dehydrator is really helpful to make these cookies but not required.
Dehydrating time: ~8 hours
Yield: ~36 1.5\” cookies
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar OR 8 dates, pitted and soaked 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups raw almonds OR 1 1/2 cups almond meal
2 apples, peeled and cored
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1. In a high-powered blender (ie. VitaMix) or food processor, chop the almonds to almond meal.
2. Add the water, coconut palm sugar, apples, cinnamon, and sea salt and process until smooth.
3. Pour in a large bowl and stir in the raisins and chopped walnuts.
4. Make tablespoon size balls of batter and drop onto dehydrator sheets. Then, flatten with the bottom of a cup dipped in water.
5. Dehydrate at 115 degrees F for 4 hours. Remove the trays and flip the cookies directly onto the dehydrator trays so the wet side is up. Dehydrate another 4 hours or until cookies are dry, soft, and chewy.
Enjoy! Store these cookies in the fridge to keep them fresh.
Note: If you don\’t have a dehydrator, you can put the cookies on cookie sheets and put them in the oven at the lowest possible setting (usually \”warm\”) for 2 hours. Flip the cookies and continue dehydrating for another 2 hours or until the cookies are dry. Check them fairly frequently as you don\’t want them to actually cook, just dehydrate.