As a Fort Collins Nutritionist, I love making healthy-er baked treats like cookies. Give these almond snickerdoodle cookies a try– they are a delicious and healthy take on traditional snickerdoodles and suitable if you\’re on a gluten free diet. They are made with almond flour (just whole or blanched almonds ground up) which you can get at some grocery or natural foods stores. I like to buy almond flour from nuts.com. Give them a try, you\’ll be happy you did!
Yield: about 30 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 7 to 10 minutes
2 1/2 cups almond flour, blanched
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp agave
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients (first 3) in a large bowl.
- Add the oil, agave, and vanilla and stir well.
- Press cookies with the bottom of a cup to flatten and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 7 minutes or until cookies are light brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate any leftover cookies so they keep longer.
Note: Almond flour can be hard to come by at a regular grocery store; if you can’t find it, go to Nuts.com. Or, you can take whole or blanched almonds and grind them into flour in a coffee grinder or food processor.