Chocolate seems to be synonymous with Valentine\’s Day and these tasty coconut macaroons are a great way to enjoy it! As a Fort Collins Nutritionist, I love to create and modify quick and easy recipes so they are healthy and delicious. These decadent healthy cookies are free of dairy, wheat, gluten, egg, and loads of other common allergens– they are perfect if you\’re on the gluten free diet, or if you\’re not. Coconut is full of healthy fat so enjoy them. . . don\’t gobble them!
Coconut Macaroons with Chocolate
1/4 cup honey
1 cup coconut milk (canned, not lite)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup arrowroot starch (or potato, corn, or arrowroot starch)
3 cups finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
1/2 cup chocolate chips (your choice, I like Enjoy Life Foods allergy-free chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine honey, coconut milk, and vanilla in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed, add the starch and coconut and combine well
- Make mounds using a cookie scoop or heaped tablespoon and place on parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned, allow to cool
- Slowly melt chocolate chips and spoon over top of each macaroon
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge– enjoy!
What is you favorite way to enjoy chocolate on Valentine\’s day or any other day of the year? Leave a comment below!