When I was growing up, I spent a big chunk of my childhood in the UK. Sadly, scones never really grew on me. They were always plain and dry. When I made these gluten free scones, I realized why the scones in the UK never really did it for me. . . they weren\’t filled with raspberries and chocolate and burst with flavor (like these do)! While calling these Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Scones \”healthy\” might be a stretch, they are certainly a healthy-er alternative to traditional scones made with white flour and cream. There is a place in a healthy real food diet for some special treats– savor and enjoy these yummy scones!
Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Scones
Yield: 12 scones
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 agave (or honey)
1/2 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Combine the liquid ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the chocolate and raspberries.
4. Drop scone batter onto baking sheets covered in parchment paper by heaping tablespoonfuls.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Allow to cool on parchment paper before serving.
6. Store remaining scones in an airtight container in the fridge.