If you\’ve already made the neighborhood zucchini drop-and-runs and still trying to figure out what to do with your overgrown zucchini, these almond flour zucchini muffins are not only delicious, they are healthy too. As a Fort Collins Nutritionist I often talk with clients about breakfast recipes and how to get more fresh vegetables in their diet. These muffins are full of protein, healthy fats, and fresh vegetables. They are dairy free, vegan, and perfect if you\’re on a gluten free diet too. Enjoy! =)
Yield: 24 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: about 40 minutes
4 cups almond flour, blanched
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup maple syrup (agave or honey also work)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Put muffin cups in muffin tin and set aside.
2. Grate zucchini and set aside.
3. Combine dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, applesauce, and maple syrup.
4. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Fold in grated zucchini and raisins.
5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
7. Serve warm or cool. Store in fridge or freeze in an airtight bag or container.