Granola is so versatile and so simple to make, once you make this real food recipe you may never go back to the store bought version! With just 8 simple ingredients, this maple pecan granola is a delicious addition to your breakfast, snack, or dessert. Give it a try today.
Maple Pecan Granola
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: about 7 cups
5 cups rolled oats (certified GF if needed)
1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, coconut, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt coconut oil then add maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour over oat mixture then stir to combine.
- Pour granola mixture in a thick layer onto baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir gently, rotate pan 180 degrees, and bake for an additional 25 to 35 minutes or until granola is a light golden brown. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow granola to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- There are so many variations for this granola- don’t be afraid to mix up the recipe and make it your own.
- This granola is so delicious for so many different applications like:
- Sprinkled over yogurt with fresh or frozen berries.
- Sprinkled over vanilla ice cream.
- Used as the topping for fruit crisp when you\’re in a hurry or camping!
- Used to add some crunch and extra nutrition and sweetness to a bowl of cereal or oatmeal.
- Topped with berries and your milk of choice for breakfast, dessert, or a real food snack.
Love it? Have a question? Leave a comment below.