This super easy homemade granola makes about 12 cups of nutty granola goodness. If you are looking for a good breakfast recipe or idea for healthy snacks to pack, this granola is a winner. Homemade Cranberry Orange Granola is great with almond milk for breakfast or as a topping for yogurt (plain, Greek, or alternative like plain coconut or almond yogurt). You can also use this granola to top sliced apples for a ridiculously quick and easy recipe for apple crisp.
If you follow the gluten free diet, you’re in luck as the only switch to make is to make sure that you have gluten free oats and the rest of the nuts and seeds and other real food ingredients haven’t come into contact with gluten (cross-contamination).
Homemade Cranberry Orange Granola
5 cups old-fashioned oats (GF if needed)
1 cup raw almonds (chopped)
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup coconut (shredded, optional)
1/2 to 3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
3 to 7 drops orange essential oil or 2 tbsp. orange juice
1 cup cranberries
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all dry ingredients except flax seeds and cranberries in a large bowl.
3. Heat oil and syrup in a small pan over medium heat until melted, add the Orange Essential Oil, then pour over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour the granola mixture onto the baking sheet, making sure it is a thick layer so that it doesn’t burn.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the granola is light brown and stir a couple times during cooking to prevent burning.
6. Once the granola is cooked, pour into a large bowl. Add the cranberries and flax seeds, then allow to cool. Store in a sealed container at room temperature- enjoy!
NOTE: Feel free to make a half-batch if you’d like by cutting all of the ingredients in half. If you halve the recipe however, just be sure that the granola makes a thick layer on the baking sheet so it doesn’t burn.