It’s that time of year when gardens are exploding with basil, tomatoes, and zucchini (ours included)! If you’re having the annual “what the heck do I do with all this zucchini” dilemma. . . this recipe should help you out. Its loaded with fresh vegetables and real food nutrition. Garden Fresh Ratatouille is gluten free and dairy free (its just veggies and a little oil). Give it a shot. What do you have to lose? A few lbs? A zucchini or two? The long-lost memory of bland and boring veggie dishes (cuz this is not that)? All good things. . .
Garden Fresh Ratatouille
Yield: about 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: about 30 minutes
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
3 medium summer squash, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced finely
Sea salt, to taste
2. In a large pan heat oil on medium-low heat, add onions, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. When onions are soft, add garlic, and pepper and sauté for 3 more minutes.
4. Stir in squash and sauté for about 3 minutes.
5. Add in tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
6. When vegetables are soft, add basil and salt then stir to combine.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!