This quick and easy real food recipe makes a fantastic brunch or dinner when paired with the Egg Frittata with Kale (https://www.erinharner.com/whole-food-recipes/egg-frittata-with-kale/). The caramelized onions add a touch of sweetness and baked sweet potatoes are full of sweet and savory flavor. Give this gluten free recipe a try!
Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Caramelized Onions
Total time: 35 minutes
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 medium onion
Pinch black pepper
Pinch sea salt
1. Grate sweet potatoes, dice onion.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Add oil to a skillet and saute diced onions over low heat until caramelized.
4. Add grated sweet potatoes, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and sea salt to skillet and combine well with caramelized onions.
5. Put skillet in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
6. Serve hot! Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Note: If your skillet has a plastic handle, do not put it in the oven! Transfer the onions and sweet potatoes to a glass baking dish.
6 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Hash Browns”
frying the onion is not possible for cause of my stomach, but the rest i think is ok. I may put it directly with the rest of the products and bake it that way! Do you think that’s a good idea?
If sauteing the onion is a problem for you, just combine the recipe in a baking dish and bake in the oven as directed. That should work just fine. Enjoy it!
Hi. This website is really great.Great post.
Pingback: Real Food Holiday Recipes
Pingback: Veggie Omelet
Pingback: 60+ Real Food Holiday Recipes