Kale is loaded with minerals and is extremely nutrient dense. If you’re trying hearty leafy greens like kale for the first time or don’t think you really like them. . . give this recipe a try. Crispy Kale Chips taste like potato chips and are incredibly addicting. These baked or dehydrated kale chips are a healthy and delicious dive into the wonderful world of leafy greens.
Prep time: 5 minutes
1 large bunch kale
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (beige or black)
- Strip kale off of the stalk, leaving greens in large pieces.
- Put the oil in a large bowl and gently massage the oil into the kale. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sea salt (or curry powder or cumin- get creative).
- Dehydrator: Place on dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 115 deg. F for about 2 hours or until kale chips are crispy.
- Oven: Heat oven to 400 deg. F Spread kale on cookie sheets and bake for about 5 minutes. Flip and bake the other side for a couple minutes. Watch very carefully. They can burn very easily so take the trays out as soon as the kale starts to turn slightly brown.
- Store in an airtight container.