There are so many ways to eat carrots. In the winter, I get really tired of raw carrots in salad and dipped in hummus. Recipes with cooked carrots are delicious and great for you too. When its cold outside, cooked veggies are easier to digest and help to fire up your metabolism. Give these maple glazed carrots a try. They make a wonderfully sweet and tasty quick and easy side for any dinner.
8 medium organic carrots, washed
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp grapeseed oil or olive oil
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Cut carrots on the diagonal, about a 1/4 thick.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the carrots, maple syrup, oil, and water and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
4. Remove the lid and simmer for a couple more minutes or until the liquid thickens.
5. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.