If you’ve gone to a Mexican restaurant and had fresh tortilla chips, you know they are fresh, crispy, scrumptious, and fried in oil. What you might not know is that fresh corn tortilla chips are a quick and easy recipe to make at home. All you need is 4 ingredients and 20 minutes to have piping hot, crispy, baked corn tortilla chips that are gluten free and delicious. They make a hearty healthy snack or appetizer when served with your favorite salsa or guacamole.
Bonus tip: Corn is usually GM (genetically modified), so look for organic corn tortillas or tortillas with the Non-GMO Project stamp on the label.
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
8 corn tortillas
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon lime juice (optional)
1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine oil and lime juice in a small bowl. Use a basting brush and brush the top of the corn tortillas with the oil and lime juice mixture.
3. Stack the tortillas. Make three cuts through the center to make triangle shaped chips.
4. Spread chips on the baking sheets in a single layer. Sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until chips are crispy and lightly browned. Flip chips over after 7 minutes.
6. Serve with your favorite salsa and guacamole. Enjoy!